Hamba aR-Razzaq
Be not frightened when death draweth night, It is but the departure for this blessed home Think of the mercy and love of your Lord, Give thanks for His Grace and come without fear. What I am now, even so shall you be. For I know that you are even as I am. The souls of all men come forth from God. The bodies of all are compounded alike. Good and evil, alike it was ours. I give you now a message of good cheer. May God's peace and joy for evermore be yours."

Understanding Millah Ibrahim (Abrahamic Tradition)

Category: By Hamba Razzaq
[For the sake of easy reading, the arabic has been ommitted]

Surah Maryam [ayah 41]:

And mention in the Book (the Quran) Ibrahim (Abraham). Verily! He was a man of truth, a Prophet.

In this ayah, Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala is telling Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam to recite to the people what happened to Ibrahim 'alayhis salaam, who Allaah subhaanhu wa ta'aala took as a khalil (close friend), when he spoke to his father who was an idol worshipper.

When he said to his father: "O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?

In this ayah, we hear Ibrahim 'alayhis salaam, questioniong his father as to why he worships something that can't hear him, nor see him, and not only unable to benefit him in any way, but is unable to protect him from any harm.

O my father! Verily! There has come to me of knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me. I will guide you to a Straight Path.

And this was to say that although you see me (Ibrahim 'alayhis salaam) as inferior to you (his father) by virtue of being the son, that some knowledge has been given to me by Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala which did not reach you before, so follow me and I will guide you to a straight path, which will lead to our desired objective, and save you from hell.

"O my father! Worship not Shaitan (Satan). Verily! Shaitan (Satan) has been a rebel against the Most Beneficent (Allah).

Here we see that Ibrahim 'alayhis salaam exhorting his father not to follow shaytaan, who is calling to shirk (idolatry, in this case) and is pleased with it. Shaytaan was too obstinate and arrogant to obey Allaah, and so Allaah made him an outcast, so if you follow in his footsteps, then you too will be made an outcast.

"O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allah) overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaitan (Satan) (in the Hell-fire).

Meaning that because of the fathers associating partners with Allaah by worshipping idols and your rejection of my words, Ibrahim 'alayhis salaam is fearful that Allaah will punish him (the father). In face of this punishment, his father wont have anyone to protect him or help him, except Iblis, but Iblis has no power in front of Allaah, nor for that matter has anyone else, and following shaytaan will only lead to you be surrounded by the torment of Allaah.a
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?